About the 6A Oversight Group
A provision of the voter-approved Ballot Issue 6A in 2020 was the establishment of a five-member oversight committee. The group meets twice annually to review expenditures made using 6A revenue, ensuring that spending is consistent with approved ballot language. The group develops an annual report to present to voters.
What does 6A fund?
The voter-approved Ballot Issue 6A authorized a temporary sales tax increase of 1.0% through 2030. The funds raised from this tax would be placed in a dedicated fund used solely for the purpose of funding the Pueblo West Fire Department. The ballot language approved the following:
- The construction of a new fire station in the southwest portion of Pueblo West
- 715 S. McCulloch Blvd. West chosen as the site of the fire station
- Staffing of the new fire station with additional firefighters.
- Provide funding for capital equipment and projects related to the Fire Department
- A 1978 ladder truck will be replaced in 2023.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Fire Department and fire protection resources.