Stage One Water Restrictions
Your community needs your help to conserve our water supply!
Due to drought conditions, Pueblo West is in Voluntary Stage One Water Restrictions, and it's on all of us to do what we can to reduce our water usage, which preserves Pueblo West's water source - and perhaps more importantly, can even save money on your water bills.
Restrictions like these are becoming all to common in arid Colorado communities as well as the American southwest. Pueblo West Water and Waste Water is committed to educating the community about water conservation as we try to li
What does 'Stage One Water Restrictions' mean?
When water storage follows below 90%, communities enter water restrictions. The goal of Pueblo West Water is to reduce the total monthly water usage in our community by 10% compared to the previous year to preserve our water supply.
We ask that residents follow these guidelines:
- Landscape irrigation sprinkling is Prohibited between the hours of 10 am. & 6 pm.
- Irrigation shall be limited to two (2) days per week, occurring between the hours of 7pm and 7am.
- Use of a handheld garden hose with a shut off nozzle, soaker hose, or drip system to plants, shrubs, trees, and vegetable gardens is allowed anytime because water goes directly into the soil.
- Do not run sprinklers while it is raining or during high winds.
- No watering within 24 hours of a substantial rain event.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Don’t waste water by allowing it to spray concrete, asphalt or let it flow down the road.
- Report any water waste to 719-547-5040 or 719-547-3554 or firstname.lastname@example.org