Parks & Recreation
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District created the Parks and Recreation Department in 1972. The District currently offers the community a wide variety of programs ranging from youth and adult sports, to educational classes for all ages. Some of the more popular classes offered are Dance Express, Karate, swim lessons, Preschool Pals, Kangaroo Kids, Friday art classes, and youth sports.
Pueblo West will be known as a healthy, friendly and vibrant community that has an abundance of attractive, high quality outdoor and indoor recreational and leisure time amenities and programs for residents of all ages, interests and abilities.
The Pueblo West Parks and Recreation Department's mission is to provide a high quality and sustainable parks, trails, open space and recreation system for the residents of Pueblo West.
As of June 25; Pueblo West is under Stage 2 Fire Restriction; the following are prohibited:
- open burning (now includes charcoal grills at private residences).
- the sale or use of fireworks.
- no outdoor smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- operating or using an internal combustion engine is not permitted on public lands without a spark arresting device.
- no welding or operating acetylene or other similar torch with open flame unless said work is performed in an area at least 30 feet in diameter and
is clear of flammable vegetation.
The department has 5 goals that the department has set for itself in regard to continuing needs and interests of our residents.
- Provide a wide range of recreational and leisure time opportunities for all residents of Pueblo West.
- Equitably distribute and conveniently locate parks, recreational facilities and throughout Pueblo West.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable and comprehensive multi-purpose trail system through Pueblo West.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, recreational facilities and open lands at a high level of quality that is appropriate for the location, the type of use and nature of the facility.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, and recreational facilities in an environmentally sensitive manner.
How to Register
- Drop off (mail slot)
- Mail In
- Walk In
- ONLINE registrations will open at 7:00am on dates designated!!
Credit Card Payments
Credit card payments for registrations are only done in office, not over the phone. Though this is a convenient way to pay, the credit card company charges an admin fee of 2.25% to the total sale, along with a $0.75 per transaction cost.