Parks & Recreation
In light of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, the Pueblo West Parks and Recreation Department has closed to the public, until further notice, the following District amenities:
*Memorial Recreation Building
*Waggin Tail Dog park
*Civic Center skate park, playground, and tennis courts
*Lovell Park playground area, basketball courts and all ballfields
*Pixie Park playground
We will update when changes take place or when facilities become available again. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The following programs and activities have been POSTPONED and will be evaluated at the end of the month for continuance, with the Pueblo West Parks & Recreation office:
*Tom Sawyer fishing derby
The following activities have been cancelled:
- Adult Softball
- Outdoor Soccer
- Youth Baseball
Anyone registered for activities that have been postponed will be notified of new schedules when the information becomes available.
We appreciate your support and patience. Our top priority is the health of our community and employees. We urge residents to visit the Pueblo Health Department website at pueblohealth.org and call their hotline 719.583.4444 for questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.
Pueblo West will be known as a healthy, friendly and vibrant community that has an abundance of attractive, high quality outdoor and indoor recreational and leisure time amenities and programs for residents of all ages, interests and abilities.
The Pueblo West Parks and Recreation Department's mission is to provide a high quality and sustainable parks, trails, open space and recreation system for the residents of Pueblo West.
The department has 5 goals that the department has set for itself in regard to continuing needs and interests of our residents.
- Provide a wide range of recreational and leisure time opportunities for all residents of Pueblo West.
- Equitably distribute and conveniently locate parks, recreational facilities and throughout Pueblo West.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable and comprehensive multi-purpose trail system through Pueblo West.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, recreational facilities and open lands at a high level of quality that is appropriate for the location, the type of use and nature of the facility.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, and recreational facilities in an environmentally sensitive manner.
Are you wanting to have a fundraiser, or tournament? We'd be happy to accommodate your request. Please see the (Special Events PDF) form in the right hand column to
fill out, and bring to the Parks & Recreation office.
How to Register
- Drop off (mail slot)
- Mail In
- Walk In
- ONLINE registrations will open at 7:00am on dates designated!!
Credit Card Payments
Credit card payments for registrations are only done in office, not over the phone. Though this is a convenient way to pay, the credit card company charges an admin fee of 2.25% to the total sale, along with a $0.75 per transaction cost.