Parks & Recreation
We want to remind our community that it’s still important to follow health
- wear a mask when you are in public
- keep six-feet social distancing
- frequently wash your hands while avoiding touching your face.
- use hand sanitizer
We appreciate your support and patience. Our top priority is the health of our community and employees. We urge residents to visit the Pueblo Health Department website at pueblohealth.org and call their hotline 719-583-4444
for questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.
Happenings In the Area:
- Restrooms have been closed to the public.
- Playgrounds will continue to be sanitized throughout the day.
- Waggin' Tail Dog Park is still open, but we ask that you continue to wear masks and 6 ft. social distance. FYI: we will not be furnishing water for
the dogs, you will need to bring water with you.
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District created the Parks and Recreation Department in 1972. The District currently offers the community a wide variety of programs ranging from youth and adult sports, to educational classes for all ages. Some of the more popular classes offered are Dance Express, Karate, swim lessons, Preschool Pals, Kangaroo Kids, Friday art classes, and youth sports.
Pueblo West will be known as a healthy, friendly and vibrant community that has an abundance of attractive, high quality outdoor and indoor recreational and leisure time amenities and programs for residents of all ages, interests and abilities.
The Pueblo West Parks and Recreation Department's mission is to provide a high quality and sustainable parks, trails, open space and recreation system for the residents of Pueblo West.
The department has 5 goals that the department has set for itself in regard to continuing needs and interests of our residents.
- Provide a wide range of recreational and leisure time opportunities for all residents of Pueblo West.
- Equitably distribute and conveniently locate parks, recreational facilities and throughout Pueblo West.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable and comprehensive multi-purpose trail system through Pueblo West.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, recreational facilities and open lands at a high level of quality that is appropriate for the location, the type of use and nature of the facility.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, and recreational facilities in an environmentally sensitive manner.
How to Register
- ONLINE registrations will open at 7:00am on dates designated!!
Credit Card Payments**ONLINE REGISTRATIONS are only taken at
Credit card payments for registrations are only done in office, not over the phone. Though this is a convenient way to pay, the credit card company charges an admin fee of 2.25% to the total sale, along with a $0.75 per transaction cost.