The Pueblo West Metropolitan District offers a generous paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) package.
In addition to 13 paid holidays, the District offers at least 120 hours of PTO annually (or three weeks) for employees to use as they wish. Vacation and sick leave are combined into one benefit. Fire Department employees receive at least 216 hours of PTO annually (or 5-1/2 weeks). See the benefits package to learn more.
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District observes 13 paid holidays in addition to paid time off.
- New Year's Day (Jan. 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- Presidents' Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Colorado Day (Aug. 1)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Veterans' Day (Nov. 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve (Dec. 24)
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25)
- New Year's Eve (Dec. 31)