Right-of-Way Use Permits
The following must be supplied before an excavation permit will be issued.
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance as proof of the required coverage and the Pueblo West Metro District shall be named as an additional insured on the policy.
- Adequate coverage is: liability arising out of bodily injury to persons or damage to property with minimum limits of Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000)
- All construction activity that takes place in the District right-of-way must follow the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for temporary traffic control in the roadway.
- Right-of-Way Use Permits are required for any excavation within the right-of-way by Resolution 1437.
A Right-of-Way Use Permit is required when working within the Pueblo West Metropolitan District Right-of-Way, including but not limited to:
- Storm drainage
- Utility installations
- Other excavation or installation in the right-of-way
- Fee Schedule (PDF) Effective 1/1/2021
BEFORE SUBMISSION- Please make sure you have attached the customer information sheet and application listed below.
Applying for a Permit
A completed permit can be returned to the Community Development & Engineering Office at 356 S. McCulloch Blvd. Before the District shall issue a permit to any excavator, a Certificate of Insurance as proof of the required coverage and the Pueblo West Metropolitan District named as an additional insured on the policy is required. Adequate coverage is bodily injury and property damage liability insurance with minimum limit of $500,000 combined single limit coverage. A completed permit application, solely for Right-of-Way Permit Access, contains the following: