Parks & Recreation
Important Parks and Recreation Closures and Delayed Openings:
- Outdoor swimming pool will not open this summer
- Splash park will not open this summer
- Skateboard park remains closed until further notice
- Playgrounds and restroom facilities remain closed until further notice
- Dog park remains closed until further notice
- Pavilions at all parks remain closed until further notice
- Recreation building remains closed until further notice
- Ballfields remain closed until further notice
- All summer programs have been canceled through July
- Youth and adult sports programs are canceled through July
- Tennis courts are tentatively scheduled to open June 1st following protocols
- Frisbee golf course tentatively scheduled to open June 1st following protocols
All parks are open to the public, however, all visitors in the park should be adhering to the social distancing guidelines, no gatherings of more than ten people at this time and are encouraged to wear masks around other people. As we enter new phases and guidelines change, we will continue to update our community members.
The following program has been POSTPONED:
*Tom Sawyer fishing derby-(tentative for Sep)
We appreciate your support and patience. Our top priority is the health of our community and employees. We urge residents to visit the Pueblo Health Department website at pueblohealth.org and call their hotline 719.583.4444 for questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.
Pueblo West will be known as a healthy, friendly and vibrant community that has an abundance of attractive, high quality outdoor and indoor recreational and leisure time amenities and programs for residents of all ages, interests and abilities.
The Pueblo West Parks and Recreation Department's mission is to provide a high quality and sustainable parks, trails, open space and recreation system for the residents of Pueblo West.
The department has 5 goals that the department has set for itself in regard to continuing needs and interests of our residents.
- Provide a wide range of recreational and leisure time opportunities for all residents of Pueblo West.
- Equitably distribute and conveniently locate parks, recreational facilities and throughout Pueblo West.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable and comprehensive multi-purpose trail system through Pueblo West.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, recreational facilities and open lands at a high level of quality that is appropriate for the location, the type of use and nature of the facility.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, and recreational facilities in an environmentally sensitive manner.
Are you wanting to have a fundraiser, or tournament? We'd be happy to accommodate your request. Please see the (Special Events PDF) form in the right hand column to
fill out, and bring to the Parks & Recreation office.
How to Register
- Drop off (mail slot)
- Mail In
- Walk In
- ONLINE registrations will open at 7:00am on dates designated!!
Credit Card Payments
Credit card payments for registrations are only done in office, not over the phone. Though this is a convenient way to pay, the credit card company charges an admin fee of 2.25% to the total sale, along with a $0.75 per transaction cost.