Parks & Recreation
We want to remind our community that it’s still important to follow health
- wear a mask when you are in public if you haven't been vaccinated.
- keep six-feet social distancing if you haven't been vaccinated.
- frequently wash your hands while avoiding touching your face.
- use hand sanitizer
We appreciate your support and patience. Our top priority is the health of our community and employees. We urge residents to visit the Pueblo Health Department website at pueblohealth.org and call their hotline 719-583-4444 for questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.
Happenings In the Area:
- FREE "SUNRISE SUMMER FITNESS"; a sponsored fitness program will give adults the opportunity Held at Civic Center Stage, Monday through Thursday from 6:00-7:00am. Offered are "HIIT", YOGA, & ZUMBA. Bring your yoga mat and water! The program runs through Aug 12.
Please see our brochure under the "WHAT'S HAPPENING" tab for detailed information.
Find out how to sign up for the program by clicking the studio share App. https://www.studiosharepueblo.com/
- The Pueblo West swimming pool will NOT be open this summer. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Waggin' Tail Dog Park is open daily except for maintenance on Mondays and Thursdays, from 9:00am-11:00am.
- Civic Center Splash Park runs on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 11:00am and 5:00pm.
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District created the Parks and Recreation Department in 1972. The District currently offers the community a wide variety of programs ranging from youth and adult sports, to educational classes for all ages. Some of the more popular classes offered are Dance Express, swim lessons, Kids educational programs, Friday art classes, and youth sports or all kinds.
Pueblo West will be known as a healthy, friendly and vibrant community that has an abundance of attractive, high quality outdoor and indoor recreational and leisure time amenities and programs for residents of all ages, interests and abilities.
The Pueblo West Parks and Recreation Department's mission is to provide a high quality and sustainable parks, trails, open space and recreation system for the residents of Pueblo West.
The department has 5 goals that the department has set for itself in regard to continuing needs and interests of our residents.
- Provide a wide range of recreational and leisure time opportunities for all residents of Pueblo West.
- Equitably distribute and conveniently locate parks, recreational facilities and throughout Pueblo West.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable and comprehensive multi-purpose trail system through Pueblo West.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, recreational facilities and open lands at a high level of quality that is appropriate for the location, the type of use and nature of the facility.
- Develop and maintain parks, trails, and recreational facilities in an environmentally sensitive manner.
How to Register
- ONLINE registrations open at 7:00am on dates designated!!