- Departments & Services
- Water Department
- Water Billing
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more specific questions about your water bill? See if your question can be found below. Still can't find an answer? Contact the Pueblo West Metro District Water Billing department at 719-547-5000.
- What does Water RTS mean on my water bill?
This is a base fee that is charged to all customers connected to the water system. This amount remains the same all year and is charged regardless of the amount of water consumption.
- What does Normal Water mean on my water bill?
This is the fee that is charged for your actual water use each month. This amount can vary significantly from month to month based on your meter reading. Meters are read around the 10th of each month.
- What does Sewer RTS mean on my water bill?
This is a base fee that is charged to all customers connected to the central sewer system. This amount remains the same all year and is charged regardless of the amount of consumption.
- What does Sewer Usage mean on my water bill?
This is the fee that is charged for your sewer consumption. During the non-irrigating months of January and February residential customers are charged based on the actual water usage during this time. At the end of February the average of these two months is taken to determine your sewer average for the year. Commercial customers are charged on actual water consumption all year.
- What does the Sewer Debt Service Fee mean on my water bill?
This is a flat fee that is charged to customers connected to the central sewer system. This fee will be the same all year. It is not based on consumption.
- What does Penalty mean on my water bill?
This is a fee that is charged when the customers have past due balances. A balance is considered past due if a payment has not been made by the 25th of each month.
- What does Disconnection/Reconnection Fee mean on my water bill?
This is a fee that is charged to customers whose service has been disconnected for nonpayment. The fee is $100.
- What does Transfer Fee mean on my water bill?
This is a fee that is charged to new customers to establish service. The fee is $15.
- What does Service Charge mean on my water bill?
This is a fee that is charged to customers that request service outside the normal hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday. The fee is $105.
- What happens if I don't pay my water bill?
Your water service will be disconnected. You will be required to pay the outstanding balance plus the $100 disconnection/reconnection fee before service will be restored. Payment can be made using a debit/credit card, cash or certified funds.
- When is my water bill due?
Water bills are due the 20th of each month.
- Is there a grace period for paying my bill?
There is a five day grace period. Payments received after the 25th are considered late.
- Why do I have to pay the Sewer Debt Service fee?
The Board of Directors approved a Sewer Debt Service fee at the December 28, 2011 meeting. This fee is a flat $5 per billing cycle for customers connected to the central sewer system. The fee is dedicated to the retirement of a subsidized, low interest loan obtained from the Colorado Water & Power Development Authority for the construction of a new bio-solids handling facility, which will make waste water operations more productive and cost efficient. The fee will be in place until the debt is retired in approximately 20 years.
- When starting new service, what must be done at the Administration office?
Service initiation can be done in person at the office, or by calling us at 719-547-5000.
- Can I change the due date on my bill?
No, but you have a minimum of 20 days in which to make a payment and maintain a current balance.
- When are bills for service issued to customers?
The District reads all meters monthly around the 10th of the month. Bills are mailed out by the last working day of the month. Bills are due the 20th of the month, past due if not paid by the 25th of the month. Past due accounts are subject to disconnection.
- I am a renter, can I have the water account put in my name?
All water accounts must remain in the name of the property owner. Your landlord can request that a bill be sent to you either electronically or via US mail.
- I am moving. What is needed to end my water service?
If you are selling your property, we ask that you provide your date of closing and a forwarding address. A final read will be scheduled for your closing date.
- Can I sign up for online account access?
Yes. If you are the property owner, you may sign up for online account access. You will need your billing ID. If you do not have this, please contact customer service at email@example.com or 719-547-5000.
- Do I have to sign up for online access to pay my bill online?
No. You have the ability to pay your water bill online by using our online payment system and checking out as guest.
- Can I pay my bill over the phone?
Yes, you can pay your water bill by phone using a debit or credit card. 1-888-351-4679
- Where do I pay my bill in person?
Our office is located at 20 W Palmer Lake Ave, Pueblo West, CO. Payments are accepted Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm excluding holidays. A night drop box is available for your convenience. Please do not place cash in the night drop box.
- Do you offer automatic payment?
Yes you may sign up for automatic payment from a check or savings account at no cost. Payments are deducted from your authorized account the 10th of each month.
- Can I choose the date my automatic payment will come out of my account?
At this time the only option is for the automatic payment to come out the 10th of the month. In the future we may offer one additional date.
- How do I stop my automatic payment from my checking or savings account?
If you would like to stop your automatic payment from your checking or savings account you must complete the authorization to cancel preauthorized electronic payments.
- My bank account information has changed. How do I update my automatic payment?
If you recently changed banks or opened a new account, you must provide your new banking information to us. You will need to complete the Authorization to Update Automatic Payment.